De Pere Select Coaches Commitments and Expectations
THE COACH’S CREED
The Coach in My World
Pamper me and I will not respect you.
Manipulate me and I will resist you.
Intimidate me and I will reject you
Humiliate me and I will despise you.
Prepare for me and I will trust you.
Respect me and I will respond to you.
Guide me and I will follow you.
Be an example for me and I will be like you.
The examples set by De Pere Select soccer coaches are one of the most influential examples our children will encounter in their young lives. Recognizing the critical role that coaches play, it is imperative that we serve as the proper role models for our players.
- Develop my players to the best of their abilities.
- Conduct myself as an responsible adult when dealing with the Players; both legally and ethically.
- Plan and supervise practice sessions that are instructive as well as fun.
- To motivate and teach with positive reinforcement.
- Notify the Board of incidents which may compromise the integrity of the Team or Club
- Abide by the rules, policies, and procedures of the Team and Club
- Strive to attract the best caliber of athletes to De Pere Select Soccer Club
- Ensure that players wear their uniforms in a proper and complete fashion. Socks should be pulled up and jerseys tucked in whenever in uniform, not just during the game.
- Work to place as many players as possible on state, regional, and national teams
- Display a positive attitude towards all players, parents, and officials
- To treat players and parents with respect and conduct myself in a professional manner
- Refrain from making negative comments to any players, coaches, or parents
- Develop positive "life" qualities (i.e. discipline, teamwork, etc.) in Players
- Respect the game officials and their decisions
- Take total responsibility for the actions of players on the field;
- When traveling with the team: · Remain aware of my players’ whereabouts and behavior. · Set schedules and inform players of all activities.
- Provide genuine cooperation to coaches within my team’s age group;
- Not discriminate against anyone;
- Refrain from using profane or vulgar language in the presence of Players;
- Provide honest and truthful evaluations of the Player’s skill.
- Be responsible for cleaning up the field or bench area (both home and away) after practices or games, and for returning all equipment to its proper place. · All coaches are asked to help in monitoring the activities that take place at the practice fields, and to assist in keeping fields clean, safe and secure.
- Not Forget that I represent the De Pere Select Soccer Club !!!!